Where it Can Take You
Outdoor power equipment technicians are employed in both the private and public sectors and in a number of different industries, based on specialized equipment. Employers may include equipment distributors, retailers, rental companies, construction companies, landscaping maintenance and builders, golf courses, parks and recreation, forestry companies and original equipment manufacturers.
Experienced technicians may advance to supervisor or service manager positions, be self-employed or start their own business.
For more information on roles, duties, career paths, salaries and more, visit
- Tradesecrets Trades & Occupations - Outdoor Power Equipment Technician – Power Equipment
- Tradesecrets Trades & Occupations - Outdoor Power Equipment Technician – Recreational Equipment
- Alberta Occupational Profiles
- Alberta Wage and Salary Survey
There are 2 apprenticeship streams to outdoor power equipment technician journeyperson certification, with common technical training in one or more periods.
- Power equipment apprentices completing common periods 1 and 2 and specialized period 3 will be eligible for an Outdoor Power Equipment Technician – Power Equipment Journeyman Certificate.
- Recreational equipment apprentices completing common periods 1 and 2 and specialized period 3 will be eligible for an Outdoor Power Equipment Technician – Recreational Equipment Journeyman Certificate.
Graduate Information & Opportunities
Blue Seal Certification
Individuals possessing a valid Alberta Journeyman Certificate, an Alberta Qualification Certificate, an Alberta Occupational Certificate, or a valid recognized credential are eligible to receive a Blue Seal business credential after completing the necessary requirements.
- Please note: Post-secondary articulation agreements within Alberta are approved by the Alberta Council on Admissions and Transfer (ACAT). To view the details of specific agreements, please visit transferalberta.ca or contact email@example.com
- For questions regarding transfer agreements or to obtain a course description/outline that is no longer available on our website, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org