What to Expect
The roofer program follows the current Alberta Apprenticeship Course Outline (pdf) to ensure all students are provided with appropriate training experiences to successfully pass their apprenticeship examinations.
Classroom & Study Hours
Students can expect to spend, on average
- 30 hours per week in classrooms and labs, with about half their time spent in each
Training is provided at
- NAIT's Bremner Park Campus, 14705 116 Avenue NW, Edmonton
- Alberta Roofing Contractors Association, 2380 Pegasus Road NE, Calgary
Is This Program For You?
Roofer work is most rewarding for those who enjoy physical exercise, working with their hands, developing special skills and the security of steady employment. To be successful in their trade, roofers need to be
- in good physical condition
- sure-footed and able to work at heights
- able to lift in excess of 25 kilograms
- partial to working outdoors
- able to get along well with co-workers
The School of Skilled Trades wants our first-year students to become confident in their abilities, get connected to NAIT through groups, peers and staff, be supported personally and academically, get motivated to complete their program and most importantly enjoy the learning environment here at NAIT.
Being an apprentice student is quite different from being a full-time student. Apprentices are in school for short periods of time and some programs are on satellite campuses. Our goal is to improve communication with apprentices on all campuses to ensure you have access to all the services we have to offer at NAIT for you to be successful.
If there is something you are looking for or if you need additional information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.