Health Services' team of healthcare professionals provide a variety of services to NAIT staff and students.
Services available at all 3 locations
Nicotine replacement products
Thinking about cutting your craving but don’t know where to start? Perhaps you’ve already tried multiple times and know exactly how you’re going to quit. Either way, the Cut the Craving Tobacco Reduction Program is here to help support, guide and keep you motivated while you cut back or quit your tobacco use.
The Cut the Craving program includes
- personalized quit smoking plans
- nicotine replacement therapy products
- quit kits
Healthy Eating Program
We want to help you in making healthy choices that you can feel good about! Come into Health Services to learn more about healthy eating tips and healthy habits. We also have a fantastic resource available to support this program, NAIT's knowledgeable and enthusiastic Registered Dietician, Nick Creelman. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to book an appointment.
- healthy eating guide
- support in creating individualized goals
- healthy eating kit
- follow up and support
Our computerized system allows us to track your blood pressure readings over time, including a report that shows each reading (with date and time) and a graph that charts your readings over time. This report can be printed and provided to you for your records or brought to your next physician appointment.
- over-the-counter medications for symptom relief
- nursing assessments and care
- injury and burn first aid treatment
- wound care and dressing changes
- on-campus response for medical emergencies
- assistance with finding community resources
- equipment loan
- crutches, wheelchairs and electric scooters
- hearing and vision screening
- tests are provided on a request basis for students/staff and as part of the Hearing Conservation Program
- work/school-related accident and injury reporting
- all first aid and injuries requiring medical attention must be reported to Health Services as soon as possible first aid record form
- Workers' Compensation Board reporting for school/work-related injury and illness
- students, staff and apprentices are covered by the WCB for work-related accidents
Other health and wellness services offered by NAIT
NAIT Staff: The Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP) is a free, confidential service that offers counselling, coaching and support for a variety of life balance and health issues. Counselling is available in person, by telephone, or online. For more information please stop by one of the Health Services locations.