- Heart & Stroke Foundation Current Standard First Aid & CPR / AED Level C. Course code: CPRS500
Note: Students must provide proof of successfully completed Heart & Stroke prerequisite prior to the first class.
- Tuition: $1,495
- Books & Supplies: $230.00
What to expect
The EMR program involves an introduction to human anatomy and physiology, assessment and treatment of patients in medical and trauma emergencies, basic life support procedures in emergency care, emergency equipment and communication systems. Hands-on training is provided to the student through facilities at NAIT in simulation of medical and trauma scenarios. The EMR program uses Moodle as an online learning tool.
Classroom & Study Hours
- The EMR program is offered via Moodle in the classroom.
- Classes are held weekday evenings and vary from one to three classes per week.
- For every hour spent in class, students can anticipate spending an additional one to three hours completing self-study.
Alberta College of Paramedics (ACP) provincial certification exam – After successful completion of training, graduates are eligible to write the ACP provincial certification exam. Successful completion and membership in good standing with the ACP are required for employment in Alberta.
Graduates in this program generally find employment in ambulatory and industrial settings. As an EMR, you will provide basic prehospital care life support to the sick and injured. Other responsibilities include working as part of the health-care team. Graduates have a high success rate in finding jobs in their chosen field upon completion of provincial registration.
Continuing your studies
Looking for an opportunity to further enhance your employability, build on your trauma skill set with an ITLS Basic Provider course, visit www.nait.ca/ITLS to register. Graduates of NAIT's EMR program are eligible to apply for the Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) program.
- Email: AskNAIT@nait.ca
- Tel: 780.471.6248
- Toll Free: 1.877.333.6248
|EMRE100||Emergency Medical Responder|