Accepting an Offer of Admission
Program Choice and Tuition Deposit Payments
After receiving a letter with an offer of admission, you’ll need to pay the required tuition deposit by the deadline displayed on your MyNAIT Portal under “Make a Payment”. Because the application process allows you to apply to 2 different programs at the same time, you may be accepted into multiple programs. Here’s how to indicate which program you’d like to attend.
Please note: Tuition deposits must be paid by the deadline displayed in your MyNAIT Portal. In all cases, tuition deposits are non-refundable and non-transferable.
If you are accepted into your first choice
- Pay the tuition deposit for your first choice program and cancel your second choice application through your MyNAIT Portal. If you are applying to a program that begins in Fall 2018 or later, your second choice application will be cancelled once you have been given an offer of admission to your first choice program. Please visit the Evaluating Program Choices on an Application for further details.
If you are accepted into your second choice
- Pay the tuition deposit for your second choice program. This reserves your seat in this program. Your application to your first choice will not be cancelled by paying this deposit.
If you paid the deposit on your second choice and then are accepted into your first choice
- You must pay the tuition deposit on your first choice, even if you've already paid the deposit on your second choice. Admission to your second choice program will automatically be cancelled when you pay this new deposit. Any deposits previously paid will be credited to your account and go towards your tuition.
If you applied to 2 programs and are accepted into both at the same time
Simply select the program you would like to attend and pay the tuition deposit. Email the Student Service Centre or visit the Student Service Centre in the Centre of Applied Technology on Main Campus to request to have your other applications cancelled.
Alternate Offer of Admission
After reviewing your application, if we determine that we are unable to offer you admission in both your first and your second choices, we may provide you an alternate offer of admission to a related NAIT program.
You may be ineligible for the program(s) you selected on your application because:
- You do not meet the minimum entrance requirements, and your application has been cancelled.
- You do not meet the competitive entrance requirements, and you are on a non-competitive waiting list.
- The program is currently full and you have been waitlisted.
Prior to accepting your alternate offer of admission, please be sure to learn more about this alternate program by visiting the program webpage, or by contacting or visiting the Student Service Centre.
To accept the alternate offer of admission, you will be required to pay a tuition deposit by the deadline on your myNAIT Portal.
To decline the alternate offer of admission, you can send an email to askNAIT@nait.ca requesting cancellation, or you can simply choose to not pay your tuition deposit by your deadline and the Office of the Registrar will cancel your application when the deposit is past due.
The decision to offer admission to an alternate program is not available to all students is only available for select programs upon the discretion of the NAIT Office of the Registrar. Offers are not considered upon request. If you are eligible for an alternate program offer it will be presented automatically through the MyNAIT Portal. Students who wish to proactively apply for admission to additional programs may do so through ApplyAlberta.