Legacy gifts (also known as planned gifts) allow donors to give to NAIT in their future estate plans.
A properly planned gift has many benefits to donors, helping to
- support a cause you care about in perpetuity
- generate a charitable income tax deduction
- reduce or eliminate gift and estate taxes
- reduce or eliminate capital gains taxes
- provide a larger gift than you ever thought possible
David Lazaruk is among NAIT's donors who plan to leave a portion of his estate, otherwise known as a bequest, to future students. He is carrying on a family tradition of giving to support scholarships for NAIT's students. It all began when his mother, Mary, made a gift in his father's name after he passed away.
To start creating your plan, consider the following options: