Legacy gifts (also known as planned gifts) allow donors to give to NAIT in their future estate plans.
A properly planned gift has many benefits to donors, helping to
- support a cause you care about in perpetuity
- generate a charitable income tax deduction
- reduce or eliminate gift and estate taxes
- reduce or eliminate capital gains taxes
- provide a larger gift than you ever thought possible
When NAIT Paramedic graduate Barry and his wife Bonnie began planning their wills, the couple agreed to leave a legacy gift for an organization close to their hearts. Reflecting back on their early careers, they decided to donate part of their estate to support the next generation of emergency services students.
To start creating your plan, consider the following options