Karsten is a 4th Generation German Master Butcher & Sausage Maker, European Trained Chef and Holistic Nutritionist. He has extensive experience in the Food/Meat Industry in Europe and North America. Karsten develops tantalizing and innovative meat/food product lines and supports companies in achieving their goals. His focus is offering consulting services to companies, ranging from small to large, who specialize in the production of wholesome, high-quality and delicious products.
Karsten travels the world to discover new trends in meat/food. He has visited some of the best meat, deli, traiteur stores in the world. He accompanies clients to leading international meat/food tradeshows. In addition, he develops culinary tours as well as on-site visits to manufacturers of food/meat equipment.
Highlights and areas of expertise:
- Manufacturing of sausages, salami, proscuitto, hams, terrines, pate en croute
- Meat Merchandising specialist. Increase sales in the meat retail or natural meat shop
- Extensive experience in the natural food industry
- Developing meat supply chains and training staff in the Hospitality Industry
- Food Safety
- Retail and Food Service/Trend watch reports
- Brand Development and Marketing
- Sales/Development of new innovative products
- Key Account Managment
- HACCP and GMP
- Food Industry
- Customer Relations
- Large-scale catering
- Training and mentoring apprentices
- Co-authored the book, "Improving the apprenticeship system for butchers in Germany"
- Shop-fitting trend specialist
- Operations specialist: Equipment, facility set-up, packaging, food and labour costs, new