Using RPL to Get Into NAIT Programs
While most Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) is done at the course level, it is also possible to use RPL to meet the competitive entrance requirements or to measure related experience for admission to a credit program. The following programs have established a Recognition of Prior Learning pathway:
- Bachelor of Applied Information Systems Technology
- Culinary Arts
- Electrical Engineering Technology
- Water & Wastewater Technician
- Power Engineering Technology
To learn more about the assessment process, please visit the individual program page.
NAIT EQUIVALENCY TESTS
If you are missing or need to improve your mark(s) in English, Math, Physics, Chemistry or Biology, you may wish to challenge one or more NAIT equivalency tests.
Please note the following.
- Tests may only be re-attempted every four (4) months.
- Results will be posted on the MyNAIT Student Portal no later than 10 business days after the test.
(Grades & Transcripts > ELP, Placement & Equivalency Results > View test results)
- For more information on accessing your test results, please refer to NAC - After your Equivalency Test (pdf).
- It is your responsibility to ensure you leave adequate time to schedule, take and have your test grades according to NAIT's program application deadlines. If you have already submitted an application to a NAIT program, follow the deadline posted on your MyNAIT Student Portal.
Which tests are available?
Please view the relevant Info Sheet, Readiness Check (if available), and Formula Sheet (if applicable) below for more detailed information.
Note: The English equivalency tests do not replace NAIT's English Language Proficiency requirement.
- Math 20-1 Info Sheet (pdf)
- Math 20-1 Readiness Check (pdf)
- Math 30-1 Info Sheet (pdf)
- Math 30-1 Readiness Check (pdf)
- Math 10C, 20-1, 30-1 Formula Sheet (pdf)
- Physics 20 Info Sheet (pdf)
- Physics 20 Readiness Check (pdf)
- Physics 20 Formula Sheet (pdf)
- Physics 30 Info Sheet (pdf)
- Physics 30 Readiness Check (pdf)
- Physics 30 Formula Sheet (pdf)
- Chemistry 20 Info Sheet (pdf)
- Chemistry 20 Formula Sheet (pdf)
- Chemistry 30 Info Sheet (pdf)
- Chemistry 30 Formula Sheet (pdf)
How will NAIT use my equivalency test results?
- the timeliness of your application
- the competitive academic entrance requirements of your program (which may be higher than the minimum requirements)
- the completion of any non-academic requirements
NAIT equivalency test results are for internal use only and are not recognized by any other institution. Results of all NAIT equivalency tests are final. Individualized test result feedback will not be provided. NAIT will use your highest mark (transcript or equivalency test result) for admission requirements. Taking an equivalency test does not guarantee acceptance into your program. Admission depends on
Where and when can I take the equivalency test?
NAIT Main Campus (11762 - 106 Street, Edmonton)
Edmonton: Monday to Friday
Edmonton: 8:30 a.m. and 1:15 p.m.
PLEASE NOTE: The cost of the test will increase to $300 effective July 1, 2019.
How do I schedule an equivalency test?
|How to schedule a test|
How do I schedule an Off-Campus Equivalency Test?
If you are a NAIT or prospective NAIT student living more than 100km outside of NAIT Main Campus (Edmonton), you can now take an Equivalency Test (excluding Math) off-campus, at a location in or close to your home town. To find more details on how to schedule an Off-Campus Equivalency Test, please visit Off-Campus Placement/Equivalency Testing Scheduling Instruction.
To check list of NAIT approved off-campus invigilation sites, please visit NAIT Placement and Equivalency Invigilation Network.
For further information on equivalency testing, call 780.471.NAIT (6248) or email the Student Service Centre.