Effective October 1, 2016, all documents submitted to NAIT become the property of the Institute and will not be released to the student. Applicants wishing to retain their original international transcript can submit a Certified True Copy of their transcript as affirmed by a Notary Public. Students who are submitting their official international documents in person may do so at the Student Service Centre. Documents submitted at the Centre will be certified by NAIT staff and returned to the applicant immediately. The Office of the Registrar reserves the right to request original educational documents to verify authenticity of the credentials submitted. For policies on submitting transcripts from institutions within Canada, please read below.
NAIT Office of the Registrar
11762 – 106 Street NW
In person / courier delivery
NAIT Student Service Centre
Centre for Applied Technologies, Room CAT180
11763 106 Street
Transcripts from Alberta
- NAIT will order Alberta high school transcripts upon completion of an application through the Alberta Post-secondary Application System (APAS).
- NAIT will order post-secondary transcripts from institutions within Alberta if indicated on the application.
Transcripts from another Canadian province
- You must personally request transcripts from the high school and/or post-secondary institution and have them mailed or faxed directly to NAIT. You may also submit official transcripts issued in sealed, stamped envelopes from the institution to the Office of the Registrar drop box located in the South Lobby O-115.
Current high school or upgrading students
- Applicants attending high school in Alberta: NAIT will order final transcripts in February and July.
- Applicants attending high school in another Canadian province: Mail final transcripts to NAIT by the deadline on your MyNAIT Portal.
- Proof of enrolment, progress reports or additional supporting documents may be requested through the MyNAIT Portal. These documents must be uploaded by the indicated deadline.
Documents from outside Canada
- All documents from institutions outside of Canada must be mailed directly to NAIT or brought in person to the Student Service Centre.
- Documents must be translated into English.
- Upon receipt of official documents, a $75 Foreign Document Assessment Fee must be paid by the deadline indicated on your MyNAIT Portal.
- Educational IQAS (International Qualifications Assessment Services) assessments and WES (World Education Services) assessments are accepted in lieu of high school and/or post-secondary transcripts (foreign document assessment fee not required). In order to equate specific courses from an IQAS assessment, a course by course Education Assessment is required. In order to equate specific courses from a WES assessment, a course by course Credential Evaluation and Authentication report is required.
- If you do not want to submit original documents you can have copies of your original documents notarized and submitted to NAIT at the address above or in person to the Student Service Centre.
- Visit the Alberta Government website English translation services | IQAS assessment for employment, education or licensure if you require Alberta translation services. Please note, although we specify original documents or certified true copies of original documents notarized by a Notary Public, we will accept word for word translations by a Commissioner For Oaths from the translation services representatives listed on the Alberta Government website ONLY.
- If you have been offered conditional acceptance to a NAIT program, you must submit your final transcripts by the indicated deadline.
- If final transcripts are not received or do not meet entrance/competitive requirements, your offer of admission will be revoked.
|Program start||Final transcript deadline|
|January 4, 2017||December 15, 2016|
|May 1, 2017||April 15, 2017|
|September 5, 2017||July 31, 2017|
|January 8, 2018||December 15, 2017|
|May 7, 2018||April 15, 2017|
Some programs may require additional information, such as a driver’s license, Career Investigation Report, CPR, etc. Additional requirements will be indicated on the program webpage. These documents, in addition to a progress report or proof of enrolment, can be uploaded through the myNAIT Portal by following the steps below:
- Log in to your myNAIT Portal
- Select My Applications
- Select Upload and View Documents
English Language Proficiency
The language of instruction at NAIT is English.
If you wish to disclose personal information about your application to another person please fill out the Disclosure of Personal Information – General Consent form and upload it to your MyNAIT portal.