Computer Software Development
What to expect
Students in this area of emphasis should have an interest in working with teams in business environments.
The Computer Software Development area of emphasis (formerly Application Development) teaches you to design and implement scalable application solutions, including developing, testing, documentation, deployment and support. You will also learn how to design, create and maintain databases for use in various applications.
- write, test, debug, implement and maintain computer software programs
- design, create, and maintain databases utilizing industry best practices, including Structured Query Language (SQL)
- develop web applications
- generate system deliverables using various System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodologies
- develop native iOS applications
- develop native Android applications
Area of emphasis
In the Computer Software Development area of emphasis, you will earn an emphasis on your transcript showing that you graduated in a specialized field of studies. This emphasis does not appear on your graduation parchment but will be noted on your official student transcripts. To receive this emphasis, you must complete all core and required courses, along with a final capstone project. For more information, please contact the program directly.
Students who complete the CSD path have direct entry into the BAIST-ISD major.
Common jobs for Computer Software Development grads are
- Application/Software/Web Developer
- System Analyst
- PHP/.NET/Java Developer
- SQL Server Developer
- Oracle Developer
- iOS Developer
- Android Developer
- Desktop Support Analyst
- Quality Assurance Analyst