Learning Skills and Workshops
Learning Services offers workshops on a variety of learning topics at Main Campus, Souch Campus, and Patricia Campus.
Main Campus: Our "Study Skills and Writing" workshop series and our "Grammar Crash" workshop series are offered every fall and winter. Click the link below for the latest schedule:
Souch and Patricia Campus: At our satellite campuses workshop offerings vary with each intake. Visit our Learning Support Centres at Souch (Z118) and at Patricia (P165) for details about upcoming workshops.
Meet with a Learning Strategist
Learning Strategists are available for free to students on NAIT’s Main, Souch, and Patricia campuses. One-to-one strategy sessions are available for students on an appointment or drop-in basis. Visit the Learning Strategies webpage for more details.
What is learning? How do we learn?
Learning is a lifelong process, and your pathway is unique to you. Understanding your pathway will make learning more meaningful. Here are a few great tools to add to your learning toolkit. Improve your learning skills and technique:
- Good study and work habits are learned and need to be practiced over time.
- Pick one or two things you'd like to change now. Later, work on other areas.
- Choose the best learning resources available to you at the time: peers; instructors; books; websites; videos, media tools, etc.
- Set aside time to actively work on improving your learning skills and techniques. .
Start with our proven Strategies for Success -- Techniques to Maximize Learning Potential (3 MB pdf) Manual!
Common topics include:
- Time Management
- Memory and Concentration
- Note-taking and Organization
- Study Strategies
- Reading for Understanding
- Exam Preparation and Writing
Be patient with yourself while you strive to become the most effective and efficient student you can be.