Learning Skills and Workshops
Our "Grammar Crash" and "Learning Skills and Writing" workshops will be offered again in fall 2017. Check back for details or email email@example.com.
Meet with a Learning Strategist
Learning Strategists are available for free to students on NAIT’s Main, Souch, and Patricia campuses. One-to-one strategy sessions are available for students on an appointment or drop-in basis.
Using a strengths based approach, our strategists collaborate with students to develop strategies that meet individual academic needs. This can be in any area of learning! Common topics include; time management, organization, note-taking, memory, focus and concentration, exam preparation and writing, reading for understanding, and study strategies for all subjects. Contact 780.378.6135 to discuss appointment options on all campuses.
Access drop-in strategy sessions on Main campus - Tuesdays and Thursdays from 11:15 am-1:15 pm in room A133.
What is learning? How do we learn?
Learning is a lifelong process, and your pathway is unique to you. Understanding your pathway will make learning more meaningful. Here are a few great tools to add to your learning toolkit. Improve your learning skills and technique:
- Good study and work habits are learned and need to be practiced over time.
- Pick one or two things you'd like to change now. Later, work on other areas.
- Choose the best learning resources available to you at the time: peers; instructors; books; websites; videos, media tools, etc.
- Set aside time to actively work on improving your learning skills and techniques. .
Start with our proven Strategies for Success -- Techniques to Maximize Learning Potential (3 MB pdf) Manual!
Common topics include:
- Time Management
- Memory and Concentration
- Note-taking and Organization
- Study Strategies
- Reading for Understanding
- Exam Preparation and Writing
Be patient with yourself while you strive to become the most effective and efficient student you can be.