Do you have an eye for creativity or enjoy the sweeter things in life? Get your hands dirty with flour, chocolate, and sugar while NAIT Pastry Chefs whip, beat and stir you into shape. This action packed five-day patisserie experience will capture the fundamental techniques of all things pastry, including the secrets of artisan bread making, how to work with chocolate, the trick to creating a perfect dessert sauce, and so much more. Get that pastry chef experience and the results will be sweet.
Fundamental topics covered include:
• Breakfast pastries (Danishes, croissants, muffins, brioche, biscuits)
• Classic European tarts and entremets
• Glace, sorbet, granite, parfait
• Custard, creams, mousse
• Sauce analgise, caramel, fruit coulis
• Baked soufflé / sabayon
• Plate decoration (templates, tuile, brandy snap, chocolate)
• Petit four and friandaise
• Artisan breads
When you enlist in NAIT’s Pastry Boot Camp you will receive:
• A professional pastry chef book
• A group photograph
• A pastry chef uniform including jacket, pants, necktie, hat and apron
• Tastings of different dessert wines
• Advanced dessert techniques such as sugar decoration and chocolate art
Prerequisite: You must be at least 18 years of age, as alcohol may be involved.
|If there are no dates listed for the course you're looking for, please call|
780.471.6248 or email AskNAIT@nait.ca.