CPRS201 - Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support Provider - Renewal
Please be advised that our student administration system will be undergoing maintenance from 4:30 p.m, Thursday, June 13 until 8 a.m., Monday, June 17. You will not be able to use the shopping cart to enrol in courses during this time. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Physicians, paramedics, nurses, respiratory therapists, dentists, and military levels QL5/DP2 and above can amplify their resuscitation skills for improved patient outcome. Engage in realistic scenarios that provide an outstanding system of care to amplify team dynamics. Recognize and manage cardiac arrest, airway obstructions, required pharmacology, ACS, and stroke as a trained resuscitation team leader during active participation in this ACLS renewal. The activities in this course will provide you with a greater understanding of ACLS and allow you to lead your team at a new, advanced level.
- A current Heart & Stroke Basic Life Support provider card (CPRS100)
- A current Heart & Stroke Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support provider card
- Current registration as a healthcare professional including physicians, paramedics, nurses, respiratory therapists, dentists, and military levels QL5/DP2 and above
Equivalent to CPRS252 – ACLS EP
For courses starting after July 1, 2017, the following 2 textbooks are required for the ACLS Provider renewal course. If you currently do not have the following textbooks, they can be purchased through Shop at NAIT:
- Heart & Stroke Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) Provider Manual - 2015 guidelines
- Heart & Stroke 2015 Handbook of Emergency Cardiovascular Care for Healthcare Providers