PLCC113 - Introduction to PLCs, Ladder Diagrams 1, Ladder Diagrams 2
Please be advised that our student administration system will be undergoing maintenance from 4:30 p.m, Thursday, June 13 until 8 a.m., Monday, June 17. You will not be able to use the shopping cart to enrol in courses during this time. We apologize for any inconvenience.
The second section covers Ladder logic programming techniques. Participants will learn discrete instructions, discrete operations in Ladder diagram programming (Conversion of Boolean expressions, permissive conditions, interlock conditions and lockout conditions), timers (Timer On Delay, Timer Off Delay, Reset and Retentive Timer On) and counters (Count up and Count down).
The third section further details ladder logic programming. Participants will learn to implement Data Movement instructions, Compare instructions (Compare, Equal To, Greater Than or Equal To, Not Equal To, Limit, etc.), Compute / Math instructions (Compute, Add, Subtract, Square Root, One Shot, etc.), Bitwise instructions (OR, AND, XOR, etc.), program control instructions and other commonly used instructions.
Upon successful completion of this module, the participant should be able to:
• Identify and describe a PLC.
• Identify and explain controller hardware.
• Implement controller addressing.
• Define digital and analog I/O.
• Explain I/O modules.
• Download and upload to a PLC
• Identify problem statements and design a Ladder program.
• Run and troubleshoot a Ladder program on PLC.
• Define Examine On and Examine Off instructions.
• Identify the purpose of a latching relay instruction.
• Design a program using permissive, interlock and lockout conditions.
• Define and use timer and counter instructions.
• Implement cascading counters and timers.
• Use the FORCE function during troubleshooting.
• Implement a complex problem statement and implement different solutions using the ladder logic tools.
• Transfer data between memory locations.
• Compare data between memory locations.
• Use math instructions.
• Optimize the program.
• Implement subroutines.
Register now by selecting one of the available sections:
|16736||A01||Oct 21 to 25, 2019||Day||$1800.00||Add To Cart|
|26773||A01||Mar 9 to 13, 2020||Day||$1800.00||Add To Cart|