ITLS200 - ITLS Advanced Provider
The ITLS Advanced course builds on this knowledge, emphasizing evaluation steps and sequencing as well as techniques for resuscitating and packaging patients. Hands-on stations include:
- Rapid trauma patient assessment and management
- Basic and advanced airway management
- Needle chest decompression and fluid resuscitation
- Spinal motion restriction - rapid extrication, short back board, helmet management, log roll, and long back board/ scoop stretcher utilization
- Extremity immobilization and traction splint application.
Prerequisite: Current registration as a healthcare professional including physicians, physician assistants, paramedics, nurses, or other allied health professional who holds suitable qualifications for entry.
Upon successful completion of the ITLS Advanced Provider course at NAIT, occupational health nurses (OHN) and registered nurses (RN) will receive Advanced First Aid equivalency as per Occupational Health and Safety in the province of Alberta.
The following textbook is required for the ITLS Advanced Provider course at least 4 weeks prior to the course start date. If you currently do not have this textbook, it can be purchased at Shop at NAIT:
- International Trauma Life Support for Emergency Care Providers: 8th Edition
Register now by selecting one of the available sections:
|31733||E01||May 5 & 6, 2018||Day Evening/Weekends||$396.00||Add To Cart|
|31734||E02||Jun 2 & 3, 2018||Day Evening/Weekends||$396.00||Add To Cart|
|40212||E01||Jul 21 & 22, 2018||Day Evening/Weekends||$400.00||Add To Cart|
|40523||E02||Aug 18 & 19, 2018||Day Evening/Weekends||$400.00||Add To Cart|