Teller Training Courses
Students are given a basic introduction and orientation to the customer service function (teller) encountered in financial institutions such as banks, credit unions, and treasury branches.
It is strongly recommended registrants have the equivalent of Math 10A or 10P and English 10-1 or 10-2.
As English is the language of instruction at NAIT, an adequate knowledge of written and spoken English is a strongly suggested. By registering in the program, students are certifying that they have an adequate knowledge of written and spoken English.
The assessments listed below meet NAIT's English language proficiency requirement.
- NAIT's English Language Proficiency Exam – minimum 73% or "B" in each of the four components.
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS) Academic Format – overall score of 6.5 with no band less than 5.0.
- Canadian Academic English Language Assessment (CAEL) – score of 70.
- Michigan English Language Assessment Battery (MELAB) – score of 85.
- University of Alberta ESL 140/145 – successful completion.
- TOEFL iBT (Internet Based) – requires a minimum total score of 80 with no individual test score below 20 or Paper Based requires a minimum score of 550.