We are seeking students to volunteer as Orientation Leaders! This is an opportunity to impact new students and develop new skills.
As part of the Student Engagement team, Orientation Leaders (OLs) work directly with the Orientation Coordinator. As an OL, you will help create a welcoming and inclusive campus community experience for new students coming into your program of study. OLs will receive training from our Student Engagement team.
As part of this role, you will be responsible for co-facilitating one New Student Orientation session to students on one of the following orientation dates; August 30-31 and September 1, 2017.
Orientation Leaders will
- interact with diverse student populations with various perspectives and experiences
- be effective communicators with strong interpersonal skills
- participate in training sessions
- maintain a positive, flexible and adaptable approach
- work independently and as part of a team
- speak to and co-facilitate an orientation session with up to 62 students.
Are you interested in joining this exciting team?
Fall 2017 New Student Orientation
August 30, 2017 - JR Shaw School of Business
August 31, 2017 - School of Health and Life Sciences and Academic Upgrading
September 1, 2017 - School of Applied Sciences and Technology and School of Skilled Trades (non-apprenticeship only)
Staff and Instructors
We encourage you to be part of this exciting team of volunteers. Many of you have enjoyed participating in previous years. If you are interested or available again, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
(Note: the orientations will take place in the morning to accommodate individual program orientations that will take place in the afternoon.)