We are seeking students to volunteer as Orientation Leaders! This is an opportunity to impact new students and develop new skills.
As part of the Student Engagement team, Orientation Leaders (OLs) work directly with the Orientation Coordinator. As an OL, you will help create a welcoming and inclusive campus community experience for new students coming into your program of study. OLs will receive training from our Student Engagement team.
As part of this role, you will be responsible for co-facilitating one New Student Orientation session to students.
Orientation Leaders will
- interact with diverse student populations with various perspectives and experiences
- be effective communicators with strong interpersonal skills
- participate in training provided
- maintain a positive, flexible and adaptable approach
- work independently and as part of a team
- speak to and co-facilitate an orientation session with up to 60 students.
Next New Student Orientation: August 28, 29, and 30, 2018
Are you interested in joining this exciting team?
NAIT staff and Instructors - we encourage you to get involved with this vibrant team of volunteers.
. Many of you have enjoyed participating in previous years, and now you can invite a colleague to join you. We are looking for representatives from JRSSB, SAST, SHLS, and SST. This is an opportunity to co-facilitate with one of your program students to a class of their peers. If you are interested or available again, please email email@example.com.
(Note: the orientations will take place in the morning to accommodate program orientations that take place in the afternoon.)