- Where do I find a registration form to enrol?
- How do I register for classes at NAIT?
- How do I get my name on a waiting list for NAIT classes and when do they open waiting lists?
- When do I have to pay tuition/registration fees?
- Can I pay with a purchase order or authorization letter?
- I have not received my Confirmation of Enrolment – what do I do?
- What are the penalties for cancelling an apprenticeship class at NAIT?
- Do i need to attend orientation on my first day of class?
- Where can I find out about awards, bursaries, scholarships and grants including grant funding applications and Apprenticeship Incentive Grants?
- What do I do with my Records of Employment (ROE)?
- Where are the campuses located?
- Where can I park?
- Where do I get my student ID?
- Where do I get my course materials and supplies?
- Where can I get a bus pass?
- Can I obtain a locker while going to school?
- Is tutoring available?
- Are there counselling services available?
- Is there support for students with disabilities?
- How do I get my transcript/results from my apprenticeship schooling?
- Who can I contact for more information?
A registration form can be found on the Alberta Apprenticeship and Industry Training (AIT) website or on the Apprenticeship Program Enrolment page.
Please visit the Alberta Apprenticeship and Industry Training (AIT) website. Once you are an indentured apprentice, you can automatically see your eligible classes at training providers across the province and register through your MyTradesecrets account.
Alternate Registration methods
- In person registration: Room CAT180, 11763 - 106 Street, Edmonton T5G 2R1
- Apprentice Enrolment Form (pdf)
- By phone at 780.471.6248 or toll free at 1.877.333.6248
Please note: Full tuition payment must be made at the time of registration.
Waiting lists open as soon as that class is full. You can add your name to the waitlist through your MyTradesecrets account.
Full tuition and mandatory fee payment must be made at the time of registration. See Apprenticeship Enrolment Information.
Yes, payment may be made by a purchase order or authorization letter. The letter must accompany the registration form at the time of registration. These requests can be processed in person, by fax, or mail.
Your notice of Confirmation of Enrolment, and receipts are now available on the NAIT Portal. An email would have been sent to you informing you of this information and how to access your My NAIT Portal account, if you did not receive an email please contact 780.471.NAIT (6248) to have your email information updated. For instructions on how to create your MY NAIT Portal or to access your already created My NAIT Portal account, please visit My NAIT Portal.
In all cases, a minimum fee of $100 will be withheld if you cancel your apprenticeship enrolment prior to the start date of class. Only registered apprentice students may cancel their apprenticeship enrolment. Please contact the Student Service Centre at: 780.471.NAIT (6248) to cancel your enrolment. There is no tuition refund for apprenticeship enrolments cancelled on or after the first day of the class.
Your attendance at orientation on your first day of class is mandatory. These orientation sessions are designed to help you get the most from your learning at NAIT. Failure to attend will result in cancellation of you enrolment and replacement of your seat from the waitlist. There will be no refund of tuition.
9. Where can I find out about awards, bursaries, scholarships and grants including grant funding applications and Apprenticeship Incentive Grants?
There are several scholarships and student awards available to apprentices. Contact Student Awards at 780.491.3056 or email@example.com for information on deadlines and application criteria. Contact the Financial Aid office at 780.471.6248 or firstname.lastname@example.org for information regarding the Canada Apprenticeship Loan and Alberta Student Aid funding option. Apprenticeship Incentive Grant is available to students that have completed first and second period. Information on the Federal Apprenticeship Incentive Grant and application may be obtained from the Financial Aid office.
As of January 3, 2011, apprentices are required to submit your ROE to the nearest Service Canada Centre or mail to
Service Canada Centre
Western Canada and Territories Region
PO Box 245
Edmonton, AB T5J 2J1
- Souch Campus – 7110 Gateway Boulevard, 780.430.5100
- Patricia Campus – 12204 – 149 Street, 780.378.7200
- Main Campus – 11762 – 106 Street, 780.471.NAIT (6248)
- Bremner Park Campus – 14705 116 Avenue, 780.471.NAIT (6248)
- Alberta Park Campus – 16204 116 Avenue, 780.471.NAIT (6248)
- ARCAL Calgary Facility – 2380 Pegasus Rd NE, 780.471.NAIT (6248)
- NAIT Calgary Facility – 816 55 Avenue NE, 780.471.NAIT (6248)
Main Campus students – Your one AT NAIT card will be available for pickup at Room 0112 in the South Lobby. You can skip the line by uploading your photo ahead of time. Room 0112 is open throughout the year but there may be additional stations set up on campus during large intakes. Apprentice program areas will communicate this information to students as part of their apprenticeship orientations.
Souch and Patricia Campus students – one AT NAIT will be set up in the cafeteria during the first day of intake. Between intakes, students who have uploaded their photo and received their approval email will also be able to pick their card up from shop AT NAIT (Patricia or Souch locations). Please note: All NAIT students are expected to keep their one AT NAIT cards for the duration of their time at NAIT – this includes apprentices.
Spruce Grove Campus students - Your one AT NAIT card will be available for pickup in the administrative office after you have uploaded your photo and received an approval email.
Your personalized textbook and supply list can be accessed by selecting the ‘Books and Supplies’ icon on the Dashboard of your MyNAIT Portal. All materials are available at the shop AT NAIT on each campus. Find approximate costs of text books and supplies.
Bus passes are available at shop AT NAIT on each campus. Please bring your student ID for reduced rates.
Yes, lockers are available on campus, see more about locker rentals.
Yes, NAIT’s tutoring centres provide free tutoring on a drop-in basis. You will need your student ID.
Confidential and free counselling services are available on Main Campus.
Yes, Learning Services coordinates support services for students with disabilities based on individual need and documentation. Disability related services are provided to students with diagnosed learning disabilities, ADHD, medical conditions, mental health disabilities and physical disabilities.
If you feel you have an undiagnosed disability, please make an appointment with a counsellor to have an assessment completed. Call as soon as you can to ensure there is enough time to get services in place prior to your start date. Assessments can take a month or more to complete.
Apprenticeship course results are obtained through the Alberta Apprenticeship and Industry Training Centre.
NAIT Student Service Centre
Phone: 780.471.NAIT (6248) or Toll Free 1.877.333.6248