Apprenticeship training works differently than other NAIT programs. In order to train as an apprentice, you must first be hired by an employer willing to provide job-site training and be registered as an apprentice through Alberta Apprenticeship and Industry Training (AIT).
Job-site training makes up about 80% of an apprenticeship. The remaining 20% is made up of classroom study and skills enhancement. Typically, apprentices train for 4 years, spending 4–12 weeks a year in school and the rest of the time training on the job.
Please see the following frequently asked questions.
- More about how to register for apprenticeship classes and other general FAQs
- More about apprenticeships, Red Seal and Blue Seal
Apprenticeship Registration Week
Apprenticeship registration is a staggered registration: certain trades can register for training on a certain date, starting May 1, 2017.
Please refer to the Tradesecrets website for specific dates pertaining to your trade.
If you have any questions about registration or about attending classes at NAIT, please contact the Student Success Contact Centre at askNAIT@nait.ca or 780.471.6248 (toll-free 1.877.333.6248).