Choosing where and what to study to get the career you want can be a daunting task. Start here for straightforward advice and helpful steps.
Step 1 – Explore Your Options
NAIT offers degrees, applied degrees, diplomas and certificates in more than 200 programs. Our broad range of training options provides flexibility. Get into the workforce quickly by studying in a one-year certificate or two-year diploma program, or use those programs as building blocks towards a degree or other further education.
- Visit Programs and Courses for a complete list of what NAIT has to offer.
When investigating different program options, make note of the following:
- Program content
- Program start dates and length
- Entrance requirements
Step 2 – Research Your Field
Before you start your education, it is important to research your chosen career field. In addition to helping you decide if it is the right field for you, it will also help you write a Career Investigation report, which is required for some programs. Some of the questions you should consider before you apply include:
- What is the job placement rate?
- What are the entry-level and future salaries?
- What is it like to work in the industry?
- What jobs are available and what do they entail?
- What is the future for the industry?
- What skills are required to be successful in the industry and the job?
For answers to these questions and more, visit:
Step 3 – Plan Ahead
It is key to plan ahead so that when you choose your program and apply, you have given yourself the best opportunity to be accepted.
- If you do not meet the specified entrance requirements for a program, you may want to enrol in Academic Upgrading. Many programs will still consider you for admission while you are in the upgrading process.
- Many NAIT programs are very competitive and fill quickly each year. Make a note of application dates and deadlines so you don't miss important dates. Apply early to avoid disappointment.
Step 4 – Get to Know NAIT
It's always a good idea to visit NAIT and learn more about your program of interest, the services we offer, and student life. And don't forget – we are here to help you. If you have general questions or need specific advice, Get in Touch.
Step 5 – Apply Now
It’s the last step in getting started with your NAIT education and on your way to a rewarding career.
- Apply now - if you have chosen a program and are ready to apply.