Sometimes called “Flexible Learning Pathways” or “Flexible Options,” NAIT offers you choice in how to reach your educational goals.
Credit Programs & Courses
Credit programs and courses are degree, diploma or certificate offerings that lead to Government of Alberta-approved credentials.
We offer program and course options to help you balance the demands of school and life.
- minimum of 3 courses or 9 credits – up to a maximum of 5 courses or 15 credits
- maximum of 2 courses per semester, or less than 9 credits a semester
- a part-time course load can affect funding options
- sometimes called “Home Study” or “Computer-Based Learning”
- many courses are offered online
- courses marked as “Distance” are in traditional correspondence format
- these courses work best if you can’t get to a campus or if your schedule can’t accommodate fixed class times
Check the delivery category in the course search results to see if your chosen course is available in one of these formats
- Open Studies [link to new page] allows you to explore credit courses without applying to a program.
- Is an opportunity to get a feel for school and what program you want to be in.
- To take apprenticeship training, [link to new apprenticeship page] you must already be employed in the trade and be a registered apprentice.
Once you receive your ticket, you may want to consider taking it further
- turn your trade into a degree
- earn your Blue Seal
- earn your Red Seal
- take NAIT’s Business for Journeymen Diploma
- or get a second ticket while earning a journeyman salary
NAIT also offers a wide range of non-credit programs and courses for personal and professional development in a number of interesting and exciting fields. Many courses are offered in the evening or on weekends. These options are great for people who may be working, but are interested in studying as well.
Take a look through the different continuing education options available