July 8-12 or July 15-19, 2019
Fun, yet intensive, this course will help you capture the fundamental techniques that pastry chefs use, while gaining intelligence for creating pastry, baking, and dessert masterpieces.
This action packed five-day patisserie experience will capture the fundamental techniques of all things pastry, including the secrets of artisan bread making, how to work with chocolate, the trick to creating a perfect dessert sauce, and so much more. Get that pastry chef experience and the results will be sweet.
In this class, you will learn:
- Breakfast pastries (Danishes, croissants, muffins, brioche, biscuits)
- Classic European tarts and entremets
- Glace, sorbet, granite, parfait
- Custard, creams, mousse
- Sauce anglaise, caramel, fruit coulis
- Baked soufflé / sabayon
- Plate decoration (templates, tuile, brandy snap, chocolate)
- Petit four and friandaise
- Artisan breads
Prerequisite: You must be at least 18 years of age, as alcohol may be involved.
You will receive:
- A comprehensive recipe guide
- A pastry chef uniform including jacket, pants, necktie, hat and apron
- Meals and beverages everyday