There are a few things you should know before completing the online application through Apply Alberta.
Upgrading courses are offered in 3 terms so you have flexible options while upgrading. Most courses are offered during the daytime, with some evening and online options available so you can work around your personal and professional commitments.
Fall Term: September to mid-December (15 weeks in total)
Winter Term: January to end of April (15 weeks in total)
Spring Term: May to end of July (courses are condensed and move at a rapid pace in this 12-week term).
Courses offered for the upcoming school year
- Review the document to see which courses have prerequisites
- Check course hours for AB Works Funding eligibility
- Note that a GED will not be accepted for the entrance requirement or for required course prerequisites
Tuition fees for 2021-22
It’s important to plan your tuition and finances. Tuition deadline dates are posted in your MyNAIT student portal for the term of studies. Full fees will need to be paid by the deadline, no matter who is paying, or you will be cancelled.
Funding is available to upgrading students who qualify.
Investigate your eligibility and how to apply on the ESL and Academic Upgrading Funding website.
- Students must be enrolled in upgrading classes before applying for funding
- The Course Prerequisite Listing indicates the number of hours per course for funding purposes
- Students relying on funding must be prepared to pay for courses in full by the deadline, as funding may take up to 4 to 5 months for processing
Once you have determined NAIT’s Academic Upgrading program is a good fit, you are ready to proceed with completing the online application found at the top right of the Overview tab.
If you are being sponsored other than through AB Works Funding, the company will have to complete the Third Party Sponsorship degree form and submit.
Please take note of the following:
- Although the Academic Upgrading courses are listed as 5 credits/course, tuition fees are charged on a 3 credit fee model