Feb. 21 - Feb. 23, 2020
||Fri, Sat, Sun
||Day, Evening, Weekend
Prerequisites: Prerequisite: IRON101
- Feb. 21 - Friday: 6:00 PM - 9:50 PM
- Feb. 22 & 23 - Saturday & Sunday: 9:00 AM - 4:50 PM
Advance your blacksmithing skills by employing basic and intermediate connection techniques to produce a piece of wrought iron grill work. Explore a variety of techniques, like stock calculation, upsetting right angle corners, riveting, mortise and tenon jointery, collaring, forge welding, botanical forms, and heating tools. Achieve robust tool design while developing your tools.
With the skills that you gain in this course, you will be able to create rivet sets, set hammer, fuller for tenons, and slot punches.
- CSA approved steel-toed footwear
- CSA approved clear safety glasses
- Earplugs or earmuffs
- Welding gloves (loose fitting, gauntlet style)
- Low cost leather apron
- Natural fibre clothing that covers arms and legs
Students should bring the tools they made in first level. GST Applicable. CSA approved footwear, CSA approved clear safety glasses, earplugs or muffs, welding gloves (loose fitting, gauntlet style). Students should wear cotton clothing that covers arms and legs.
A low cost leather apron is recommended.