Offered by NAIT's Centre for Applied Disaster and Emergency Management (CADEM), our Crisis Management Essentials Certificate provides you with the leadership skills needed before, during and after a crisis to effectively address the needs of a complex organization.
- Discover strategies on how to manage yourself as a crisis leader.
- Learn how to channel your stress, actions and emotions so they help you make effective leadership decisions.
Learn to lead beyond your formal authority during a crisis. You will learn tactics to manage individuals, teams and organizations through difficult times.
- Develop methods to enhance your organizational resilience and withstand the pressure created by a crisis. Ensure your organization is prepared for a crisis event.
- Gain critical communication skills necessary to manage multiple stakeholders during a crisis. Review case studies and science-based models to discover best practices for communication leaders.
- Participate in mock crisis events to gain experience of how a crisis should and should not be handled. Apply the skills learned throughout the Crisis Management Essentials courses in a full day table-top exercise.
This certificate is delivered in four blocks:
- Crisis Management
Learn in a live, remote, face-to-face environment. Your instructor will be with you every step of the way. Find out how you can ensure your organization is resilient to a crisis event. Learn to be an active and effective leader during emergency and disaster situations.
Note: The courses are delivered through MS Teams or Webex using live instruction and interaction with peers through discussions and breakout groups, just like in the classroom.