NAIT has partnered with The Association of Science & Engineering Technology Professionals of Alberta (ASET), business leaders and industry representatives to develop two management certificate programs to meet the specific needs of technician and technologist professionals.
Become a leader within your organization with strong and informed management skills with our Foundations of Management for Technology Professionals and Advanced Principles of Management for Technology Professionals Certificates.
After completing the program, you will be able to:
- Effectively address management challenges and responsibilities in complex, interdependent organizations.
- Develop effective analytical and decision-making skills to lead individuals and cohesive teams.
- Describe financial functions, structures and reports.
- Interpret a manager's responsibility for professional, ethical, legislative, legal and regulatory requirements and standards.
- Develop a personal skills plan to help support individuals and teams to achieve organizational objectives.
- Demonstrate planning, monitoring and optimization of operational activities.
- Implement organizational and strategic plans within a team.
- Apply human resources fundamentals.