Canada Job Grant Information
Do not register for a course or certificate prior to the employer completing the application process and receiving an approval from the provincial government.
After the application has been approved, employers submit a sponsorship package to NAIT for course registration. NAIT provides the appropriate invoice for the employer to submit back to the government.
Application forms, instructions and frequently asked questions are available on the Canada-Alberta Job Grant Application Guide.
To qualify for funding, training must:
- be 21 hours and over in length
- be completed within one year of the program start date
- be provided by a third party
- not replace prior training investments
- result in a record of completion, a mark, a certificate or an industry-recognized credential
Training can be done online, on-site and in the classroom. Classes can be part-time or full-time.
If you're unemployed and live in Alberta, the Canada Job Grant will now cover training costs for eligible unemployed hires up to $15,000. Please see the Canada-Alberta Job Grant webpage for more information.
For more information on the Canada Job Grant and how employers can apply, select a province or territory from the list below.