To qualify for funding, training must:
- be 21 hours and over in length
- be completed within one year of the program start date
- be provided by a third party
- not replace prior training investments
- result in a record of completion, a mark, a certificate or an industry-recognized credential
Training can be done online, on-site and in the classroom. Classes can be part-time or full-time.
Application forms, instructions and frequently asked questions are available on the Canada-Alberta Job Grant Application Guide.
Please note: if you're unemployed and live in Alberta, the Canada Job Grant will now cover training costs for eligible unemployed hires up to $15,000. Please see the Canada-Alberta Job Grant webpage for more information.