How does it work?
Teams are tasked with taking an everyday object and transforming it into something of greater value – whether that value is economic, environmental, or social. So, your idea could potentially turn into a lucrative commercial enterprise, or a way to solve a significant social problem.
- Attend an information session on Tuesday, February 24, 2023 to find a team and sign up.
- Deadline to register teams is noon on January 31, 2023.
- Teams will receive a message letting them know the object or concept they will be working with on February 1, 2023.
- Then you'll have just a few days to submit a 3 minute video (in MP4 Format) pitching their innovation idea.
- Finalist videos will be shown and prizes awarded at the Innovation Challenge Reception taking place February 16, 2023 from 4-6PM.
First place: Team DarkRed Media: Niki Kearl and David DesJarlais
Second place: Team EspresSEO: Caitlin Kamminga and Mandeep Panesar
Third place: Team MK Media: Kris Smylie and Michelle Ramoutar
First place: Team Select Start: Real LaFrance, Niki Kearl and Katherine McDougall
Second place: Team LATAM: Rodrigo Dominguez-Burich and Pablo Garcia Vega
Third place: Team Freedom: Shane Bowzaylo and Carly Orton-Rogers
First place: Team CHP – Marcel Figueiredo Araujo and Jaafar Alkhayr Allah
Second place: INNOFLUX – Jonathan Mui and Denise Bermjo
Third place: Team Quadsquad – Arth Soni, Raj Shah and John Hodgins
First place: BR Tech – Chris Neumann, Marcelo Borges and Thacia Frank
Second place: Team Barbara and Pierre – Pierre Ramos and Barbara Guzman
Third place: Team Mawji Misfits – Andrew Wrenn, Grace Chan-Lowe, Jeevan Khosa, Pearse McKinney and Rayan Chakraborty
First place: Team Transformational Innovation – Randy Seccafien, Shelley Stuart, Jonah Tetz and Tanys Allan
Second place: Team BR Tech – Marcelo Borges and Thacia Frank
Third place: Team Innovation Queens – Leah Massey and Emma MacKay
First place: On the DL – Nevin deMilliano and Danielle Lowe
Second place: Marketing Magicians – David Lopez, Katherine McDonald and Brant Menegozzo
Third place: W.M.C.T Innovation – Clint Bialas, Trey Currie, Winnie Peng and Maranda Martiniuk