Entrepreneurs suffer mental illness at higher than average rates. It's time to eliminate the stigma around mental health and take preventative action.
This talk will cover:
- how stress mobilizes us to function
- what too much stress (burnout) does to the body, and what coping techniques can be used
- what mental health and mental illness are
- famous entrepreneurs who have faced mental health problems
- when you should take action (either for yourself or someone else)
- what to say to a friend or a colleague if you start to notice negative mental health
This session will be led by Caren Anderson. Caren Anderson is a registered social worker who has worked in the non for profit sector for 16 years prior to coming to NAIT in August 2017. Caren worked in the areas of addiction and mental health, family violence and sexual violence. She currently works at the NAIT Counselling Center as a Student Counsellor.
In her role at NAIT, Caren provides individual counselling sessions, as well as facilitates groups and workshops, in the areas of understanding depression, anxiety and stress, promoting resiliency, healthy relationships, and understanding trauma.
Registrants will receive event details the morning of May 20th via email.