Organized by NAIT International, NAIT Students Association, and the Nîsôhkamâtotân Centre at NAIT, the Mosaic Festival (formerly known as the Global Village) is a one-day event on March 21st, 2019 that celebrates cultures and diversity of the NAIT community.
The event leverages NAIT’s diverse student and staff population and is intended to create and foster a “street/community festival” environment in the centre of NAIT’s main campus – the CAT Building. Celebrating and promoting diversity and inclusion are at the core of this event, which aims to build greater intercultural understanding across campus and, ultimately, a more inclusive campus community.
The event draws in hundreds of NAIT staff and students, and includes country or region specific cultural booths, international food tasting booths, intercultural booths and workshops, film screenings, as well as cultural performances.
Sign up to be a country representative, performer or volunteer at the event today!
The new NAIT Mosaic Festival is now calling for event participants
Cultural booth hosts:
- Students/staff who would like to represent their own culture by assembling and setting up a booth table to represent their home cultures.
- If we receive multiple signups for the same culture, we will put you all in contact so that you can decide whether you will be joining forces and work on one booth together.
- A tri-fold board will be provided for each booth to be used for displaying visual images.
- You will have access to a booth setup room 2 days before the event.
- Students/staff who would like to showcase their talents whether it's with multi-culturally themed music, dance and art performance (performance length: 5-10 minutes).
- If you are doing a group performance, you will be the main contact person of your group. You will also be asked to submit a complete list of your group members at a later date.
- Performers must attend at least one rehearsal session.