Virtual Program Previews: School of Skilled Trades
Want to see what it's like to work in a skilled trade? Learn about our apprenticeship, pre-apprenticeship, diploma and certificate programs at NAIT's Skilled Trades Program Previews.
At Virtual Program Previews, you can:
Join the event
- Chat with program experts via live video or text chat
- Connect with Admissions Officers and Student Services about entrance requirements, how to apply and next steps
- Get access to program videos and resources
Your guide to NAIT's Skilled Trades Program Previews:
Saturday, March 13, 2021
9:30 a.m. - 11:30 a.m. MST
Explore and chat with program experts
This is your time to explore program and services booths, watch videos, download resources and attend live video sessions with NAIT staff. Some of our program and services booths will offer live drop-in sessions during this time. Please drop in to chat with program area experts and get your questions answered.
How to navigate the event
Once you have accessed the platform, there are two ways to navigate the event.
- Click on the individual booths in the main floorplan. Our programs, services and facilities booths are grouped together for easy navigation.
- Use the sidebar menu to sort by booth or category.
How to join a live drop-in session
Most of the booths will offer live drop-in session where you can chat with NAIT staff and ask questions. After selecting a booth, you can click the Join Virtual Booth link to join the Microsoft Teams conversation. Select your microphone and camera settings and then hit “join” and you’ll be given access to the booth where you can interact with NAIT staff.
Note: If you don’t have the Microsoft Teams app on your computer, you can simply join the meeting through your web browser. If you are using a mobile device, you will need to download the free Microsoft Teams app from the app store.
Tips for the attending drop-in sessions:
- If a conversation is taking place as you enter a drop-in session, please wait your turn and the NAIT staff will happily address your question shortly
- When you are not speaking, we ask that you keep your microphone muted
- We encourage you to keep your camera on
- If you don't have a microphone on your computer or if you're not comfortable asking question using your microphone, please post your question in the chat and the NAIT staff member will address it as soon as they are able
Have Admissions questions during the event?
Please direct all admissions related questions to the Admissions Booth in the Student Services and Supports section.
Troubleshooting assistance during the event
If you need further assistance on how to navigate the event, please visit the Event Information Booth and click on Join Virtual Booth. Here our staff will be happy to assist you through live video or text chat.