Centre for Applied Technology
The Centre for Applied Technology (CAT) is the largest building on NAIT’s Main Campus with approximately 5,000 full-time students studying in advanced labs, simulation centres and classrooms each day.
Building footprint and green features
At 51,600 square metres (555,000 square feet), CAT is more than 25% of the total size of all Main Campus buildings combined and is 60% larger than NAIT’s second largest building, the HP Centre for Information and Communications Technology.
CAT has received gold certification under the Leadership in Energy and Environment Design (LEED) rating system. This is the first building at NAIT to achieve LEED certification, as part of the polytechnic’s broader commitment to sustainable buildings and facilities operations.
What you’ll find in CAT
- 45 labs and advanced simulation environments, including the School of Health and Life Sciences simulation centre
- 57 classrooms
- a 135-seat lecture theatre
- over 1,065-square-metres (11,500-square-feet) of student seating, including 11 student lounges, and tutoring and meeting rooms
- A computer commons with desktop computers, space to bring your own devices and the following amenities:
- high-capacity wireless network – to access online course materials, educational resources and services
- mobile printing from across campus using PrinterOn
- Student Service Centre – your 1-stop for information and advising services
- universal washrooms and a reflection room to serve the diverse needs of the NAIT community
- an outdoor quad with a stage for events
Programs in CAT
- Health and Life Sciences
- Applied Sciences and Technology