Apply online to NAIT through the provincial post-secondary application website, Apply Alberta (APAS). You will use APAS to submit your application online, upload supporting documents, transcripts and application fees.
You will need:
- Your 9-digit Alberta student number. If you don’t have one, watch How to Create an Alberta Student Number
- Email address
- Valid credit card, Visa Debit, or Debit Mastercard (pay non-refundable application fee)
Already have an Apply Alberta account? Login
Tips for applying
- Enter your name exactly as it appears on your passport and personal details into the relevant fields in the ‘Create Profile’ section. If you have only one name, enter the same name into the first and last name fields).
- Ensure your contact information, including your email address, is correct. You cannot use someone else's information.
- If you make an error when entering your personal information, click ‘Edit Profile and Restart’; this will return you to an earlier place in the application process.
- On the ‘Alberta Student Number’ screen, click ‘Yes’ if you know your Alberta Student Number (this would be generated if you had submitted a previous application to NAIT OR you attended any school or post-secondary institute in Alberta or Lloydminster). Otherwise, click ‘No’.
- If you clicked ‘yes,’ the system will attempt to locate your existing Alberta Student Number and may request additional information to do so. If you made an error when entering your personal information, click ‘Edit Profile and Restart’; this will return you to an earlier place in the application process. If you click ‘No’, a new Alberta Student Number will be generated for you. Please keep this number for future reference.
- Click ‘Continue’ when the system locates the Alberta Student Number.
- When entering your country of citizenship, be sure to use your passport-issuing country. If you do not select Canada, you will be asked to provide some additional information to determine your residency status. Be honest when entering your information, as it will be used to fill out your admission letter. You will need to submit the admission letter with your study permit application.
- When you enter your high school and university (not required) grades, please note that NAIT will still review your official transcripts to determine your actual grades during the document assessment. To receive an admission, NAIT will need you to send in your transcripts and documents
- When selecting the term and program that you would like to apply for, please also select a second choice if applicable, as NAIT cannot add a second-choice application after the application is complete. You may apply for other programs for an additional $115 fee per application.