Share the love Valentine's Day Contest
To kick off Valentine's day this weekend, we're encouraging NAIT students, staff and alumni to share the love! You can form all types of relationships on campus, be it a fellow study buddy, work friends, mentorships or romantic relationships. Tag @NAIT and share your #NAITLove, or share in the comments on the NAIT Facebook page. You could win 1 or 2 $25 gift certificates to Ernest's at NAIT! The contest runs Friday, Feb. 12 only.
Here’s two different ways to enter:
- Comment on NAIT's Instagram or Facebook Valentine's Day post
- Post a photo of yourself and your #NAITLove
- Contest runs from 9 a.m. to 11:59 p.m. on Friday, Feb. 12, 2021
- Contest only open to NAIT students and alumni, but staff are encouraged to share their stories too!
- Multiple entries are not only allowed, they’re encouraged!
Official contest rules
- SPONSOR: This contest (the “Contest”) is conducted and sponsored by the Northern Alberta Institute of Technology (the “Sponsor”).
- CONTEST SUMMARY: Contest entries will be accepted February 12, 2021 at 9:00 am until 11:59 pm Mountain Time (the “Entry Period”). There are two (2) prizes available to be randomly won in this Contest, as described in paragraph 10 (the “Prizes”). To enter, eligible entrants must comment on the Sponsor’s main social media post for Valentine’s Day. Multiple entries are encouraged. Eligible entrants shall be selected for the chance to win the Prizes in accordance with paragraph 7 below. The selected eligible entrants will win the Prizes as defined herein.
- ELIGIBILITY: To be eligible, an entrant must be a NAIT student or NAIT alumni. The following individuals are excluded from this Contest: (a) NAIT staff; (b) immediate family members (defined as an individual’s parent, sibling, child, or spouse, regardless of where they reside) and individuals who reside within the household of a member of NAIT’s Executive, a NAIT dean or director, staff in NAIT’s department of Marketing and Communications, or a contest judge. Entrants must comment on the Sponsor’s main social media post for Valentine’s Day. Multiple entries are allowed. Anyone whose entry violates NAIT policies and guidelines, including NAIT’s Social Networking Best Practices Guideline(pdf), or whose entry contains objectionable content, including but not limited to profanity, violence, pornography, or is malicious, discriminatory, or threatening, will be disqualified. All decisions regarding eligibility to enter this Contest will be determined by the Sponsor in its sole discretion. This Contest is void where prohibited by law.
- NUMBER, APPROXIMATE VALUE OF PRIZES, AND CHANCES OF WINNING: There are two (2) Prizes available to be won in this Contest. The Prizes are described in paragraph 10 below. The chances of winning the Prizes will depend on the number of eligible entries received in accordance with these Contest Rules during the Entry Period.
- CONTEST PERIOD: Contest entries will be accepted February 12, 2021 at 9:00 am until February 12 at 11:59 pm Mountain Time. Entries must be received by the Sponsor during the Entry Period to be eligible to win a Prize.
- HOW TO ENTER: No purchase is necessary to enter this Contest. To enter, eligible entrants must comment on the Sponsor’s main social media post for Valentine’s Day. Entrants must also correctly answer a skill-testing question in order to receive a Prize. Multiple entries are allowed. No entries will be accepted by any other means.
- DRAW DETAILS: Two (2) random winners will be chosen at the end of the Contest. If necessary, if a Prize is unclaimed, or if a selected entrant is unwilling, unable, or ineligible to win a Prize as set out in these Contest Rules, the Prize will be forfeited by the selected entrant, and the Sponsor shall have the right to select additional winner(s).
All determinations of the eligible entrants and the winners by the Sponsor are final and binding. No communication with entrants will be entered into except with selected entrants, except as otherwise stated in paragraph 18 herein. All matters related to the Contest and the verification of the eligibility of the entrants to be declared a winner shall be conducted by the Sponsor, or by persons designated by the Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion. All decisions made by the Sponsor in this regard are final and binding and cannot be challenged.
- NOTIFICATION: The Sponsor will contact the winners through the contact email address they provided in the survey within one (1) business day of their entry being selected (February 16, 2021). If the selected entrant does not contact the Sponsor by 4:30 p.m. Mountain Time on Feb. 18, 2021, the Prize will be forfeited and the Sponsor will select and contact a new winner. Any winners contacted after Feb. 19, 2021, as a result of being drawn to replace an original winner, will have two (2) business days to contact the Sponsor to claim the Prize.
- DECLARATION OF WINNERS: A selected entrant will not be declared a winner until:
(a) the Sponsor has determined that the selected entrant is an eligible entrant pursuant to these Contest Rules; and (b) the selected entrant has signed a publicity release.
- PRIZES: There will be two (2) Prizes: two (2) Ernest’s Gift Cards valued at $25 CAD each.
The Prizes are not transferable and must be accepted as awarded with no substitutions, except at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. The Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a Prize of equivalent monetary value if it is unable to award the Prize as described. The Sponsor will not be responsible, however, if factors beyond the Sponsor’s reasonable control prevent a Prize from being fulfilled. In any such event, the winner will not be provided with substitute prizes or cash equivalent. Prizes will only be granted to verified winners. The verified winners shall be required to pick up their Prizes from the location designated by the Sponsor.
- CONTEST MODIFICATION OR CANCELLATION: The Sponsor is not responsible for any printing, distribution, production, or other errors which may occur in the course of the conduct of the Contest including, without limitation, any typographical, printing, or other errors in these Contest Rules or in or on any other materials relating to the Contest, and the Sponsor is not responsible for any errors or losses which may occur in respect to the Prize selection, or in respect to the receipt, transfer, or storage of Contest entries. The Sponsor may rescind, cancel, amend, or revoke the Contest, without liability, and in its sole discretion for any reason whatever. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, the Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or modify the Contest and/or these Contest Rules, in whole or part and without notice, if the Sponsor determines, in its sole and absolute discretion, that fraud or technical or other failures have threatened or destroyed the integrity of the Contest. If, for any reason, the Contest is not capable of running as planned, due to causes beyond the reasonable control of the Sponsor which corrupt or affect the administration, security, safety, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Contest, the Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Contest.
- PARTICIPATION: Participation in this Contest constitutes an agreement by each participant to comply with these Contest Rules.
- DISQUALIFICATION: The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any entrant or selected entrant the Sponsor finds to be: (a) tampering or attempting to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Contest; (b) violating these Contest Rules; or (c) violating the terms of service, conditions, or use and/or general rules or guidelines of any website property or service. CAUTION: Any attempt by an Entrant or any other individual to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal or civil laws.
If an entrant or selected entrant is disqualified for any reason, another entry will be selected from the remaining eligible entries received as set out in these Contest Rules. The Sponsor will contact those additional selected entrants through the contact email address they provided in the survey.
- RELEASE AND INDEMNIFICATION: By entering the Contest, each entrant: (a) releases and holds harmless the Sponsor and its directors, officers, employees, affiliates, suppliers, sponsors, and agents from any and all liability for injuries, loss, or damage of any kind to persons, including death, or property damage, resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any Prize, participation in this Contest, or participation in any Prize-related activity; and (b) agrees to fully indemnify the Sponsor and its directors, officers, employees, affiliates, suppliers, and agents from any and all claims on the part of any third party or parties related in any way and for any reason to the entrant’s participation in the Contest or receipt or use of the Prize including, without limitation, death, or personal or property damage or injury.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: The Sponsor assumes no responsibility or liability for incorrect, damaged, illegible, incomplete, mutilated, spoiled, destroyed, stolen, misplaced, lost, late, misdirected, or incomplete entries, notifications, responses, replies, or for any computer, online, telephone, hardware, software, or technical malfunctions that may occur (including but not limited to malfunctions that may affect the transmission or non-transmission of an entry). The Sponsor is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by website users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or used in the Contest or by any technical or human error which may occur in the processing of entries. The Sponsor assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction, or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries. The Sponsor is not responsible for any problems, failures, or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, providers, computer equipment, software, email, players, or browsers, on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet, at any website, or on account of any combination of the foregoing. The Sponsor is not responsible for any injury or damage to entrants or to any computer related to or resulting from participating or downloading materials in this Contest. If, for any reason, the Contest is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the reasonable control of the Sponsor which corrupt or affect the administration, security, safety, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Contest, the Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest.
- LAWS: These are the official Contest rules. This Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial, and municipal laws and regulations. These Contest Rules are subject to change without notice in order to comply with any applicable federal, provincial, and municipal laws or the policies of any other entity having jurisdiction over the Sponsor.
- CONSTRUCTION: The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Contest Rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these Contest Rules shall otherwise remain in effect and be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained in these Contest Rules.
- PRIVACY: The name, contact information, and eligibility information of entrants is collected by the Sponsor pursuant to section 33(c) of the Alberta Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (the “FOIP Act”), for the purpose of administering the Contest. The Sponsor may also disclose the name and entry of Contest winners publicly for advertising or promotional purposes. Questions regarding the Sponsor’s collection, use, and disclosure of this personal information may be directed to: Joyce Yu, Communications Specialist, 11762-106 Street NW, Edmonton, AB, T5G 2R1, by telephone at 780-719-3062 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.