All-Hazards Incident Management Team Academy
Bringing Professionals Together
NAIT’s Centre for Applied Disaster and Emergency Management (CADEM) is proud to announce the return of the All-Hazards Incident Management Team (AHIMT) Academy.
Dates: February 6 to 10, 2023.
Registration for AHIMT will open in fall 2022.
You must have ICS 300 to attend the Academy. Please examine NAIT's current Incident Command System (ICS) training opportunities to register for the required pre-requisites.
The Academy will bring together Emergency Management professionals from across Canada representing the public and private sectors to engage in a week-long training event with two distinct aims:
- To build capacity to support Type 3 and larger incident response; and
- To provide opportunities for networking and best-practice sharing
- All courses require ICS I-300, recognized by ICS Canada and/or FEMA.
- AEMA’s Basic Emergency Management is recommended for participants.
- Candidates must have endorsement from their DEM, AHJ, and/or supervisor to attend.
Registration is not on a first-come, first-served basis. Following the close of applications, Academy staff will ensure that organizational and regional representation is balanced in all courses. All applicants are required to identify their first, second, and third choices for courses.
2023 AHIMT Academy Courses
All courses will be conducted in line with ICS Canada standards. Where there is no ICS Canada course, FEMA curriculum will be used. Some training objectives will be met in the culminating exercise conducted on the final day of the Academy.
All courses will be held from Monday through Friday. This year’s Academy will feature the following courses:
- Incident Commander
- Safety Officer
- Information Officer
- Liaison Officer (this is a 4 day course Tuesday to Friday)
- Operations Section Chief
- Planning Section Chief
- Resource Unit Leader
- Situation Unit Leader
- Logistics Section Chief
- Supply Unit Leader
- Finance/Administration Section Chief
For further details, please contact the team at:
View our FAQs