Learn about networking wiring and about planning, design and standards. Gain an understanding of what is required for customer premise wiring for end-users, contractors and designers. Standards include TIA-568-C and ISO/IEC 11801. There will also be discussion about horizontal structure network cable systems, back bones, interconnects and more. You will be introduced to cable testing and handling. You will learn about Category 5e, 6, 6A and Classes. Topics include:
- building, testing and troubleshooting cabling
- structured cabling
- cable types, ratings, standards and implementation
- cable handling and bend radius
- data, telecommunications and satellite cabling
- cable plant documentation
Recommended: CCTM270 Network Implementation, equivalent courses or practical experience.