This is an introductory-level, hands-on course, demonstrating how to set up a company from scratch and covering the basics of small business bookkeeping using a popular accounting software system.
- study and modify the Default settings
- assess and modify a Chart of Accounts
- examine the Chart of Account types and how they work together
- setup of the Vendor, Customer, Inventory and Project Ledgers
- A/P and A/R Historical entries – recording and closing
- entry of typical day-to-day transactions in the Accounts Payable / Receivable Journals, and running applicable reports
- learn to allocate Revenues and Expenses to Projects
- discover and examine the Data Integrity Check feature
- learn to properly perform a data file Back-up
- discussion of appropriate Day-End and Week-end procedures
Students must have intermediate user skills on Windows 7 Operating Systems.
Version used: Sage 50-Canadian Edition, 2019 Premium
Recommended: CCTO101 Windows Desktop Operating System or intermediate Windows OS practical experience is necessary. Proficient computer keyboard and mouse skills are a must.