The third course of this series is for those who have completed and understand the material covered in Level I and Level II, and who are responsible for Payroll, Payroll remittances and GST reporting. The class provides hand-on skills using the Sage 50 Accounting software.
Topics and procedures covered include:
- proper setup of the Accounts needed for Payroll
- examination of the Payroll Settings
- proper setup of Employees in the Payroll Ledger
- processing Payroll using the Payroll Journals (paying Employees, including Advances; paying out Vacation Pay; and working with Benefits)
- proper methods for reversing and adjusting Payroll entries
- discussion of various Government forms and regulations
- processing a Wage Remittance for Revenue Canada
- GST – reporting and processing a Remittance
- handling Employee expenses
Students are required to supply their own calculator.
Version used: Sage 50-Canadian Edition, 2019 Premium