This course introduces you to object-oriented programming using the Java language. Through hands-on exercises, you'll begin to build a baseline of knowledge to propel your career in development. Learn to:
- Use Java programming language constructs to create a Java technology application
- Use decision and looping constructs and methods to dictate program flow
- Understand basic object oriented concepts such as inheritance, encapsulation, and abstraction
- Use and manipulate object references, and to write simple error handling code.
- Use the new SE 8 java.time and java.time.format packages to format and print the local date and time
- Specify a data modification by passing a predicate lambda expression to the Collections class
Recommended: CCTP10 Introduction to Programming or equivalent knowledge