||Mar. 02 - Apr. 03, 2020
Keep your operation afloat by understanding the costs of doing business. The outcome of the course is to ensure you will be able to forecast, control and manage costs to keep a viable operation running. Specifically, during the course you will:
- identify the different types of costs.
- calculate actual costs, analyze variances, prescribe solutions and evaluate outcomes.
- explore ways to control some costs, such as energy conservation, labour cost and production controls.
- implement, monitor and evaluate current cost control systems.
- learn systems to monitor inventory levels and establish purchasing procedures. Your evaluation will be based on your completion of assignments and a final exam.
Recommended: Basic mathematic skills including dealing with percentages, decimals and fractions, as well as a working knowledge of spreadsheets.
This course is delivered online.