Course registration will be unavailable on Saturday, December 14 between 9:00 AM and 4:00 PM MST for a scheduled system upgrade. We apologize for any inconvenience.
The location where your NAIT courses will be held.
The type of certification (degree, diploma, certificate) you will earn after completing your program.
- Degree - NAIT offers a number of business degrees and applied science and technology degrees accredited by Alberta Advanced Education.
Applied degree programs offer a stronger emphasis on practical applications of the concepts learned in the classroom
- Diplomas & Certificates - These credit programs take 1 or 2 years and lead to government approved and industry-recognized credentials.
- Journeyman Certificate - Hands-on and expert-led apprenticeship and industry training for skilled trades and technology professionals.
- Continuing Education/Non-Credit - NAIT offers a wide range of non-credit programs and courses for personal and professional development in a number of interesting and exciting fields. These options are great for people who may be working but are interested in studying as well.
The flexible schedule options for this course including time of day and full/part-time.
- Day - Courses taking place between Monday - Friday, before 5 PM.
- Evening/Weekend - Courses taking place on weekdays from 5 PM or later, or Saturdays and Sundays.
- Online - Sometimes called "Home Study" or "Computer-Based Learning"
- Blended - A combination of online and in-class components.
- Distance - Traditional correspondence format. These courses work best if you can't get to a campus or if your schedule can't accommodate fixed class times
Java is one of the most popular programming languages for enterprise application development. Successful completion of the Java SE Certifications will identify you as part of a leading group of well-trained, highly skilled programmers who can effectively create and maintain critical applications.
A NAIT Java SE Programmer Certificate will awarded upon completion of the following two courses.
CCTP108 – Java SE 8 Fundamentals
CCTP109 – Java SE 8 Programming
In addition, student who wish to obtain the Oracle Java SE Certifications are eligible to write the following exams:
Oracle Certified Associate (OCA) – Java SE 8 Programmer I, 1Z0-808
Oracle Certified Professional (OCP) – Java SE 8 Programmer II, 1Z0-809
The Oracle Certification Program can give you a distinct advantage. An Oracle Certification demonstrates that you have a solid understanding of a job role and the Oracle products used in that role. Being an Oracle Certified Associate can help raise your visibility and increase your access to the industry's most challenging opportunities.
Industry Analysts and Experts agree, Oracle Certifications are among the most sought after badges of credibility for expertise in the Information Technology marketplace. IT professionals can differentiate themselves from their peers or competition and gain valuable job security by earning an Oracle certification.