Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion (EDI) is fast becoming an important factor to consider and implement in today's workplaces and communities. NAIT's EDI certificate takes a closer look at what is important in achieving equity and inclusion in workplaces and communities. Through participation in the certificate, participants will explore concepts and terms used in EDI, ways to create safe spaces for all employees to engage in and most importantly develop an inclusive mindset that will ensure real action occurs in an equitable manner. Students must have completed a total of 21 hours of training to receive this certificate.
EDI is and will always be challenging as it is an invitation to self-reflect as individuals, and as organizations. Participants will walk away with tools and strategies and most importantly the awareness of what it means to:
- Discover what it means to be an effective ally in the workplace/community
- Understand your own social location and intersectionality of identities while outlining your power and privilege
- Help counter bias in your work environment
- Discover frameworks for understanding ways cultures differ, how these impact organizations, and how they may affect the transfer of communication among people
- Create environments that foster equity, diversity, and inclusion