Recreation and Athletics Fee
What is the money collected from the Recreation and Athletics fee used for?
The money that is collected helps with the funding required to sustain and improve the recreational facilities and services available to students at NAIT.
How much is the fee?
The fee is $70.00 per term (pro-rated for apprenticeship students; $4.70 /week).
The fee is identified as a separate item on your student financial account.
Who can apply for exemption?
Practicum students who reside outside Edmonton and do not commute, can apply for exemption by completing the Recreation & Athletics Fee Exemption Form (pdf) or filling out the online Recreation and Athletics Exemption Form.
What are the facilities and services?
- Arena, 50-metre pool, fitness weight centre, gymnasium, squash/racquetball courts, indoor/outdoor running track, soccer field, beach volleyball court, indoor cycling studio
- Informal recreation and intramurals participation
- Reduced registration rates in instructional programming
- Free admission to home regular season, playoff, and exhibition, varsity athletic games
How do I access the facilities and services?
- Full-time and apprenticeship students can access the facilities using their one AT NAIT card.
- Part-time and online students will be required to purchase a pass if they wish to access the recreational facilities at the monthly student rate of $17.50+gst per month.
Deadlines to apply for exemption:
- Fall term: September 28, 2018
- Winter term: January 25, 2019
To be eligible for exemption you MUST either be:
A student on a practicum placement that will have you living and working outside of the greater Edmonton area (75 km radius from NAIT Main Campus) or a NAIT Staff. Proof may be required.
Recreation and Athletics Exemption Form