The Nîsôhkamâtotân Centre will be hosting a number of virtual events in 20/21.
Please join the Nîsôhkamâtotân Centre for Pîkskwetân (Let's Talk). Pikiswêtan provides a safe space for discussion of historic and contemporary topics such as The History of Residential Schools & Inter-Generational Trauma.
Pîkiskwetân (Let's Talk) dates and topics:
- Monday, Sept. 20 from 12 to 1 p.m.: The History of Residential Schools
- Monday, Oct. 4 from 12 to 1 p.m.: Aboriginal 101
- Monday, Oct. 18 from 12 to 1 p.m.: Sixties Scoop
- Monday, Nov. 1 from 12 to 1 p.m.: Inter-Generational Trauma
- Monday, Nov. 15 from 12 to 1 p.m.: Missing & Murdered Indigenous Women & Girls (MMIWG)
- Monday, Nov. 29 from 12 to 1 p.m.: Awîna Niyanân (Who are we?)
- Monday, Dec. 6 from 12 to 1 p.m.: Truth and Reconciliation
Please note: These events are for NAIT students and staff only. Linked meetings are only accessible when Microsoft Teams is accessed using a NAIT username and ID.
All events will be held in-person, pending COVID-19 restrictions
Aboriginal Culture Day - Postponed (new date to be determined)
Orange Shirt Day - Thursday, Sept. 30
Rock Your Mocs Day - Monday, Nov. 15
Men’s Pipe Ceremonies and Women's Circles
These events will be held twice per semester for a total of 4 times per academic school year (Sept., Nov., Jan., Mar.) and are intended to represent the 4 seasons of the year.
Stew & Bannock
Bannock-Fest - To be determined
Bannock Championship - To be determined
Aboriginal Student Year End Celebration - Thursday, April 7