Open Studies Pathways
You now have an additional pathway to begin your journey in the School of Health and Life Sciences at NAIT.
If you complete one or more of the following Open Studies courses with a final grade of 75% or greater, you will be guaranteed an interview in any Health and Life Sciences program that you apply for!
The following 6 Open Studies courses are part of this initiative.
- CLXT1101 – Safe Practices and Patient Management
- MELT 1107 - Introductory Medical Laboratory Procedures
- PHYS1112 – Physical Principles and Instrumentation in Sonography
- RADI1130 – Image Acquisition and Quality Management
- RESP1101 – Oxygen Therapy
- RSCH1100 – Research in Healthcare
You may also be eligible to receive transfer credits for these courses if applicable after acceptance into the program.
Successful completion of an Open Studies course does not guarantee you a seat in the program. You must also meet the minimum academic requirements to be considered for an interview. Entrance requirements vary per program, please see the How to Apply information for program-specific requirements.
Steps to enrol
- On the program pages, find the course(s) you’d like to take. Make a note of the course.
- Create a MyNAIT Student Portal account.
- Now that you have an account, and you’re logged into your Portal, refer to the Enrolment Walkthrough for final steps.
You’ll need to pay your fees in full at the same time as when you enrol.