Additional Requirements and Considerations
Students are required to have their immunization for Tetanus and Diptheria. A form will be provided that must be filled out by a healthcare professional (a Doctor or a Public Health Nurse).
Students are required to provide their own laptops for the duration of their studies at NAIT. Extensive use of computers in industry has changed how technologists work and additional knowledge and skill are expected from our grads. The NAIT campus provides a wireless environment for students to use. NAIT will also provide a virtual environment (VDI) for the students to access course related software. The VDI model will allow students to access software and work on projects both on and off campus.
Recommended Laptop Requirements
- Minimum of 12 inch display (minimum 24-bit colour depth)
- Intel quad-core i5 - 2.2 GHz minimum
- 8 GB RAM; 500 GB hard drive
- Microsoft Windows
- 2.5" USB 3.0 portable hard drive (for backups)
- 8 GB USB 3.0 flash drive (16GB or larger recommended)
- Wireless mouse (Bluetooth preferred)
- Video/Graphics adaptor 256MB RAM (NVIDIA, ATI, and Intel chipsets supported) may be required.
Notes: Apple laptops are STRONGLY DISCOURAGED. Often there are NO MAC VERSIONS of the required software. Previous semesters have shown that Apple laptops are often incompatible with some of the software we use. Microsoft Office 365 will be provided to students for free. Students are responsible for the service and repair of their own computers. NAIT Tech Support will be available to assist with software licensing and installation issues as much as possible. If you have any questions please contact either the School of Applied Sciences and Technology or our program by email.
- Power extension cord (minimum 3 meter length)
- A method for Backup Storage of Files such as online "Cloud" storage (Google Drive, Dropbox, etc.) or a larger USB external hard drive is recommended
- Up-to-date Virus protection for your computer.