- Grade 12 English (English 30-1 or 30-2)
- Math 30-1 or 30-2 or Pure Math 30 or Applied Math 30
- Biology 30
- One of: Science 30, Physics 30, Chemistry 30, Math 31, Social Studies 30-1 or a 30-level language other than English.
- Proof of English Language Proficiency
- Online Interview:
- The 1st round of interviews will occur in December for applicants who complete their applications by November 1st.
- The 2nd round of interviews will occur in April for all other shortlisted applicants..
- Please refer to the Online Interview handout for more information
Competitive Entrance Requirements:
Applicants are shortlisted for the interview based on their academic average for the required high school courses. Last year, applicants successful in receiving an interview had a minimum average of 71%.
The following applicants may be given special consideration for the interview shortlist:
- Applicants with prior NAIT Health and Life Sciences credentials
- Applicants who have successfully completed at least one approved Open Studies course in the School of Health and Life Sciences with a minimum of 75%
- Applicants who have completed DENT1110 with a minimum average of 75%
Final selection is based strictly on the interview scores. Applicants who are offered conditional acceptance need to maintain the academic average presented in phase 1 in order to secure final acceptance.
Please refer to the Student Selection Criteria and Process for more information.
Additional Requirements and Considerations
The following activities are encouraged to ensure an understanding of the Denturist Technology program and profession:
- Review of the program website
- Attend Open House
- Complete clinical site visits
Computer - A computer with Internet access is required for this program.
CPR (Basic Life Support - BLS) - Students must provide evidence of current BLS certification on the first day of class, and must remain current for the balance of the program. The BLS certification course that meets this requirement must be designed for individuals who will be health care providers, including AED training. The NAIT Continuing Education Course that meets this requirement is CPRS100 - Basic Life Support | NAIT .
Immunizations - Students are required to be immunized against vaccine-preventable diseases, as determined by Alberta Health and your program. Prior to acceptance into the program it's recommended you retrieve all past immunization history. Upon acceptance into the program, students will be given further information on immunization requirements. Failure to meet these requirements may result in denial of access to clinical training.
Computer literacy - Basic computer literacy is required, which includes basic word processing, Internet, and email.
Additional Requirements and Information - Any prospective students with serious skin disorders such as psoriasis, dermatitis or latex allergy should consider their options carefully before applying to this program. Those with back, arm or neck problems, issues with mobility or significant health challenges are advised to consult with the Program Chair. As well, students are required to be patients for peers in a clinical setting: official documentation from a physician or dentist must be presented if a student is unable to be a patient.
Prospective students interested in determining if the Denturist Technology program is a good fit for them may enrol in DENT1110 Removable Prosthodontics: Introductory Laboratory Skills via Open Studies. In this course, students learn common laboratory procedures for the fabrication of both complete and partial removable dentures, and become familiar with the materials and instruments used in a denturist laboratory.