NAIT’s Academic Council makes recommendations to the Board of Governors about academic policy related to student admissions, courses and programs, academic awards, and other academic matters. Committees of Academic Council include the Honorary Degree Committee, the Instructional Excellence Award Committee, the Faculty Emeritus Committee and the Campus Community Committee.
- Academic Council is chaired by NAIT’s President and CEO. Its members include:
- 3 chief academic officers appointed by the board, including the Vice-President, Academic
- Up to 7 academic staff members elected by the NAIT Academic Staff Association
- Up to 7 student members elected by the NAIT Students’ Association
- 3 additional members appointed by the board, including the Registrar or designate
Post-Secondary Learning Act, Section 46