Frequently Asked Questions
- Can I still get my card if I don't have a piece of government-issued photo ID?
Yes. You must have 2 pieces of government-issued non-photo ID, such as
- birth certificate
- health care card
- social insurance card
- temporary driver's license
- How do I check the status of the photo I have uploaded online?
If you haven't received an email to tell you if your photo has been approved or disapproved you can click here to check the status.
- If I make a deposit to my one AT NAIT card online with a credit card, is it considered a purchase or a cash advance?
Deposits to one AT NAIT accounts are always processed as purchases.
- What should I do if my one AT NAIT card has been lost or stolen?
If you think your card has been lost or stolen, you should immediately deactivate it online. During office hours, you can report your card as lost or stolen by calling 780.491.1355, or in person at the one AT NAIT office in the South Lobby (Room O112).
- If I lose my one AT NAIT card, do I lose the money I have in my account?
No. Your funds remain on your account, which you will be able to access with a replacement card. However, your one AT NAIT card is your responsibility - you must immediately deactivate your card to prevent someone else from using it.
- What happens to money on my account at the end of the year?
Your one AT NAIT card account balance will not expire. Balances automatically carry over to the following year.
- How do I get a refund?
Refunds for purchases made on your one AT NAIT card can be processed at the point of sale where the transaction was made.
Refunds of any one AT NAIT account balances will be made only if a request is made by you in person and your relationship to NAIT is terminated. There is a $25 fee for processing refund requests.
- Can I withdraw money from my one AT NAIT card account?
Fund withdrawals from one AT NAIT card accounts are not permitted.
- Can I pay my tuition and other fees using my one AT NAIT account?
No. Funds loaded on your one AT NAIT account cannot be used to pay tuition or fees posted to your student account.
- How much does a one AT NAIT card cost?
Your first one AT NAIT card is provided to you at no cost. Replacement cards are available at a cost of $25 per card.
- What happens if I lose my U-Pass sticker?
If you lose your U-Pass sticker and wish to replace it, there is a replacement fee. For more information about replacing your U-Pass and the U-Pass program, please visit the NAITSA U-Pass website.
- Can I still use my old NAIT Express Card at food and retail locations on campus?
Yes. NAIT Express Cards will still be accepted, but you will be encouraged to transfer your balance to your one AT NAIT account.
- Will I lose the print credits I had on my old student or staff Equitrac card?
No. Your print credits are connected to your one AT NAIT account (staff or student) and are accessible through your new one AT NAIT card.
- Can I use my phone to upload my one AT NAIT card photo?
Yes, the NAIT MyPhoto site is mobile friendly and will allow smartphone users to easily upload your photo right from your phone.
- Can I punch a hole in my one AT NAIT card?
No. Punching holes in your card could damage the embedded chip.
- Is there a new process to request access to NAIT buildings or parkades?
No. The process to request access remains the same.
To request access to your work area, visit the Facilities: Keys and Access page and complete the appropriate form. You will be required to obtain authorization before emailing the completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For all NAIT employees, staff parking permit information and visitor forms can be found on the Parking Services page.
- Can I have a second access card?
No. In order to maintain the safety and security of our campus, only one access credential – the one AT NAIT card – will be granted per person.
- What do I do if I lose my one AT NAIT card?
If you realize that your one AT NAIT card has been lost or stolen, you should immediately deactivate it online. If you find your card before you get a new one you can always reactivate it. Replacement cards can be obtained from the one AT NAIT office, at a cost of $25.
- What do I do if my access card doesn’t work?
If your one AT NAIT card isn’t working after it’s been activated by the one AT NAIT office, please contact email@example.com
- Can I access classrooms or meeting rooms using my one AT NAIT card?
No. Classrooms and meeting rooms still require keyed entry, or access code entry for select meeting rooms in CAT.
Have a question that is not answered here? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.