Continuing Education Cooking Courses
Learn more about the art of preparing great food with continuing education courses from the Department of Culinary Arts and Professional Food Studies. We have more than 50 courses in subjects ranging from basic kitchen skills to international cooking – explore what we have to offer.
- Kitchen Skills Cooking Courses are a great place to start, whether you're exploring a career in food preparation or are a serious hobby chef.
- Culinary General Interest Cooking Courses courses cover topics from Gourmet Burgers to Molecular Gastronomy. Whatever your interests are, there is a course here for you.
- International Cooking courses explore flavours, seasonings, techniques and traditions from all corners of the globe.
- Baking and Pastry courses teach the theory and techniques for creating divine bakery items.
- Special Occasion Cooking Courses - celebrate special days and every days with our occasion classes. Spend an evening in NAIT's professional kitchen preparing a multi course meal with our Chef's guidance.
- Wine Spirit Education Trust (WSET) courses offer a way to earn professional qualifications in wine with international recognition.
- Hotel and Restaurant Supervision Certification - whether you're updating your skills and knowledge or begining a new career in the Hospitality industry, these courses may work for you.
The Certified Chef de Cuisine (CCC) program is designed for chefs currently working in the industry at Executive, Executive Sous and Sous Chef levels. The CCC is the highest level of accreditation for cooks in Canada.
The CCC program assesses and further develops techniques for
- human resources
- menu planning
- nutrition considerations
The program consists of 4 theory courses and a theoretical and Black Box practical exam. Courses are not mandatory, but are strongly recommended. There is an exam at the end of each course to ensure understanding of key concepts.
Each summer, NAIT holds weeklong Culinary Boot Camps for dedicated foodies. The camps teach students how to cook, bake and entertain like a pro through lectures, demonstrations and hands-on practice. Each boot camp wraps up with a graduation dinner for friends and family.
Please note: all students must be 18 years of age as these courses include wine tasting.